West Coast Saltwater Reports > North West & West Coast Offshore

Burine- Red Rock

<< < (2/8) > >>

Nicholas Shelverton:

--- Quote from: craytail99 on Saturday,January 20 2018 11:25:07* ---Ahh the old Red Rock or as we used to call it Big Cock. Not sure about the crays and abs at that spot but there are crays and abs (green lip) in the general area so you might get lucky. Salmon, flathead, leather jackets, squid, gummy shark, wrasse are the norm with the odd and I do mean odd Snapper thrown in. Fairly easy place to fish all things considered.

If you serious about catching pump the burley......Its not the best spot going but it does have its day.

--- End quote ---
Fantastic thanks Craytail, not sure if I'll be there long enough to burly, hopefully I get lucky

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Nicholas Shelverton:
Had a quick flick tonight, got three squid, first one followed up a soft plastic, tied on a jig. BANG squid on.  Second one I spotted from my fishing platform, this one was a lot bigger, I tied on the jig and as soon as it hit the water the squid was straight onto in. After that I tried for a salmon, but I was again surprised when another squid chased it up, he had a couple of grabs at it but eventually he grabbed it convincingly and was pulled up.  Apart from the squid, nothing else was really about, this was probably thanks to no burly being present. I might head down there again tomorrow and hopefully some else is down there with a burly trail going, Nic

Will Mather:

--- Quote from: Nicholas Shelverton on Monday,January 22 2018 22:10:16* ---Had a quick flick tonight, got three squid, first one followed up a soft plastic, tied on a jig. BANG squid on.  Second one I spotted from my fishing platform, this one was a lot bigger, I tied on the jig and as soon as it hit the water the squid was straight onto in. After that I tried for a salmon, but I was again surprised when another squid chased it up, he had a couple of grabs at it but eventually he grabbed it convincingly and was pulled up.  Apart from the squid, nothing else was really about, this was probably thanks to no burly being present. I might head down there again tomorrow and hopefully some else is down there with a burly trail going, Nic

--- End quote ---
The squid love the deep divers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholas Shelverton:

--- Quote from: Will Mather on Monday,January 22 2018 23:04:34* ---The squid love the deep divers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Hahah, I wonder if they would take the popper? 😂

banjo:
a good feed of salt and pepper squid
well done nic  yummy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version